Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tension Issues

There are a lot of things I love about my current project.



I love the pattern. The Larch Cardigan is another beautiful design by Amy Christoffers, who is firmly at the top of my list of favourite designers.

I love the yarn, which is a 70% wool/30% silk blend by Anny Blatt. It's one of the softest yarns I've knit with and it looks like the finished product will be very squishy and comfortable. The yarn does split a lot, but it was also on sale at 50% off, and I got amazing value for my money. Each 50g ball cost €3.65, and back in Ireland I struggled to find acrylic blends which were cheaper than that.

I love the colour. It's perfect for this autumn weather, even though I don't think it will be finished until the orange leaves are long gone.

One thing I'm not so sure about is my tension. After starting this cardigan, I realised that I hadn't knit stockinette flat in a long, long time. As a result, my purl rows are much looser than my knit rows.


The uneven rows certainly don't bother me enough to rip back and start all over again. The more I knit, the less obvious it becomes. It might even be less visible after blocking.

And if not, I'll happily look back on this cardigan someday when my knitting is smooth and beautiful and think back to the time I was young, inexperienced, and struggling to knit evenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment